Any learning and development professional or subject specialist who has (or will have) a responsibility for designing and developing digital content for learning. The course can be fashioned around the needs of beginners or more experienced specialists.
- Uses for digital learning content: classroom aids, self-study materials, job aids / reference.
- Types of digital learning content: interactive tutorials, software demos, visual aids, quizzes, presentations, podcasts, reference materials, learning games, instructional videos.
- Establishing objectives for the content.
- Selecting the most appropriate instructional methods and delivery media.
- Choosing the most suitable tools for developing the content.
- Creating usable and appropriate content to meet your objectives: textual material, graphics, audio, video, questions and other interactions.
- Getting specialist help when you need it.
- Evaluating the effectiveness and usability of the content.
- Maintaining and continuously improving the content.
- Integrating digital content into blended solutions.
- Tools and techniques for sharing content.
Note that the course will be shaped around the types of content that are likely to be most appropriate for use in your organisation and the software tools you will be making available.
The course can be run in a number of formats:
As a two-day workshop, delivered on your premises or at a third party location. Each participant needs access to an Internet-enabled PC and the tools that you will be using to develop content.
As a series of short online sessions, interspersed with practical activities. Participants can work from their homes or offices, as appropriate. Each participant needs the use of an Internet-enabled PC, a headset and the tools that you will be using to develop content.
As a blend of face-to-face and online sessions to meet your specific requirements.
The course is practical and highly interactive. It provides ample opportunity for reflection, discussion and practice. Each participant will have the opportunity, working individually or in pairs, to design and develop at least three short pieces of content and will receive constructive feedback from peers and experts. The course will be supported by comprehensive documentation.
Please contact onlignment to discuss your particular requirements and to obtain a quotation.