The Onlignment Team will be at the eLearning Network Member’s Showcase next week, which will be taking place in London’s West End on Friday 9th July. This year’s event is jam packed with inspiring and informative sessions and provides a fantastic opportunity to network with your peers in the eLearning Community.
Five great reasons to join us at the eLN Showcase
1. Win an iPad – Anyone who registers and attends the event will be entered into a draw to win an Apple iPad, the most talked about gadget of the year!
2. Attend for free – As sponsors we have a limited number of free places to give out, so if you’d like to attend as our guest, please email Viv at the Onlignment office.
3. Pick up a free book – We’ll be giving away printed copies of the latest edition of our book ‘Live Online Learning – A facilitator’s guide’
4. Meet the team – The Onlignment team will be around all day, so why not come and say hello?
5. The Pecha Kucha half hour – Clive, Barry and Phil will be presenting three Pecha Kucha sessions. If you’ve never seen this before, it involves a presentation of 20 slides, with each one set to advance after 20 seconds. It’s guaranteed to be entertaining!
Clive Shepherd – Enjoyable elearning – is it an oxymoron?
We all know that elearning is growing in popularity, primarily because it’s efficient. It helps employers by cutting travel costs and allowing more training to happen more quickly. It helps employees because it allows them to obtain learning when and where it suits them. But none of this means that learners ‘like’ elearning; for many it’s just another mundane chore. So is it possible for elearning to be enjoyable, or is this an oxymoron? In his Pecha Kucha session, Clive Shepherd looks at the barriers to enjoyable elearning and suggests some solutions.
Barry Sampson – Overcoming objections to social media
Just a couple of years ago it was hard to find any serious use of social media within the workplace, and yet now it’s commonplace to see blogs, wikis and other collaborative tools being used. Adding social learning to the blend can enhance the learning experience, increase engagement and at the same time reduce the time and cost involved in more traditional approaches. So why do some organisations find it so hard to get started? In his Pecha Kucha session, Barry will address some of the common objections that L&D might face when adding social learning to the blend.
Phil Green – Getting the job done with live online training
Most training is carried out live in the classroom or on-the-job, but face-to-face instruction is not always the most practical or cost-effective option. Web conferencing allows you to continue to offer live training but without the need for all participants to be present in the same location. The ‘virtual classroom’ is ideal for running short training sessions, follow-ups, seminars and meetings. In this Pecha Kucha session, you’ll learn how leading organisations are making use of web conferencing to provide more training more efficiently and how they have equipped their classroom instructors to make a successful transition to online delivery.