Anyone who is (or will be) using web conferencing to present online. This will typically include experienced face-to-face presenters who mean to adapt their skills to the online environment. We can also configure the course to match the needs of complete beginners.
- Webinars as a communication tool: purpose and benefits
- Preparation: establishing goals, knowing your audience, structuring the session, allocating roles, establishing IT support
- Communicating with voice and live video
- Communicating using images and text
- Using application sharing and web tours
- Building in interactivity: polls, whiteboard activities, text chat, linked external resources
- Using breakout rooms for group activities
- Designing and using handouts and other adjunct materials
- Final preparations: designing in detail, getting in some practice
- Managing the session: responding to the unexpected, working with international audiences, keeping on time and on track, dealing with questions
- Following up: editing and issuing recordings, setting up and moderating discussion forums, evaluating the session
The course can be run in a number of formats: As a two-day workshop, delivered on your premises or at a third party location. Each participant needs the use of PC equipped with a broadband connection to your web conferencing software (or ours if you have yet to decide on yours), use of Microsoft PowerPoint and a headset.
As a series of short online sessions, interspersed with practical activities. Participants can work from their homes or offices, as appropriate. Each participant needs the use of PC equipped with a broadband connection to your web conferencing software (or ours, as above), use of Microsoft PowerPoint and a headset.
As a blend of face-to-face and online sessions to meet your specific requirements.
The course is practical and highly interactive. It provides ample opportunity for reflection, discussion and practice. Each participant will have the opportunity to make at least two short presentations and receive constructive feedback from peers and experts. Each module of the course will be supported by comprehensive documentation.
Please contact onlignment to discuss your particular requirements and to obtain a quotation.