Anyone who is (or will be) using web conferencing as a medium for learning. This will typically include experienced classroom trainers who want to transfer their face-to-face facilitation skills online; however, the course can also be adapted to suit those with little or no training experience.
- Web conferencing as a learning medium: purpose and benefits; its place in the blend
- Preparation: establishing goals, knowing your audience, structuring the session, allocating roles
- Communicating with voice and live video
- Communicating using images and text
- Using application sharing and web tours
- Building in interactivity: polls, whiteboard activities, text chat and beyond
- Using breakout rooms for group activities
- Final preparations: designing in detail, getting in some practice
- Managing the session: responding to the unexpected, working with international audiences, keeping on time and on track, dealing with questions
- Following up: providing handouts, editing and issuing recordings, setting up and moderating discussion forums and other follow-up learning tools, evaluating the session
The course can be run in a number of formats:
As a two-day workshop, delivered on your premises or at a third party location. Each participant needs the use of PC equipped with a broadband connection to your web conferencing software (or ours if you have yet to decide on yours), use of Microsoft PowerPoint and a headset.
As a series of short online sessions, interspersed with practical activities. Participants can work from their homes or offices, as appropriate. Each participant needs the use of PC equipped with a broadband connection to your web conferencing software (or ours, as above), use of Microsoft PowerPoint and a headset.
As a blend of face-to-face and online sessions to meet your specific requirements.
The course is highly interactive, providing ample opportunity for reflection, discussion and practice. Each participant will have the opportunity to make at least two short presentations and receive constructive feedback from peers and experts. Each module of the course will be supported by comprehensive documentation.
Please contact onlignment to discuss your particular requirements and to obtain a quotation.