Anyone who is responsible for running online business meetings using web conferencing software.
- Key questions: what do we need to achieve? is a meeting the best way of achieving this? is web conferencing the most appropriate medium for the meeting?
- Essential preparation: what do we need to cover? can we achieve this in a single session? who really needs to be there and for which elements? who will be responsible for what at the meeting?
- Pre-work: what can participants do in advance that will save time at the meeting?
- Details: setting up the meeting, anticipating technical problems
- Communicating effectively with voice and live video
- Presenting effectively using PowerPoint, application sharing and web tours
- Getting things done: techniques for data gathering, idea generation, decision-making, action planning
- Getting interactive: polls, whiteboard activities, text chat and more
- Managing the session: maintaining attention, responding to the unexpected, encouraging participation, keeping on time and on track
- Following up: documenting outcomes, publishing recordings, setting up and moderating discussion forums, evaluating the session
The core of the course is a 75-minute online workshop for up to 12 participants. The workshop will teach by example, using highly-interactive and collaborative problem-solving techniques to help participants arrive at practical solutions to common problems with online meetings.
Before the online session, participants will (1) complete a short online questionnaire, designed to uncover the most typical obstacles to successful online meetings and (2) view a short stand-alone presentation on techniques for effective online meetings.
After the session, participants will be provided with a checklist for meeting planning and a comprehensive handout.
Each participant needs the use of a PC equipped with a broadband connection to your web conferencing software and a headset.
Please contact onlignment to discuss your particular requirements and to obtain a quotation.